News from Morgan Advanced Materials regarding a divestiture pushed its story from last week’s roundup to the #5 position (Morgan Advanced Materials Announces Divestment of its Composites and Defence Systems Business): “Morgan Advanced Materials plc recently announced that it has completed the sale of its Composite and Defence Systems (C&DS) business to 11046896 Canada Inc., a partnership between The Pasqua First Nation of Saskatchewan, Canada, and James Kempston, who will serve as the CEO of C&DS. The sale values the business at £2.5 million (approximately $3.2 million) on a cash-free, debt-free basis, with £2 million (~ $2.6 million) cash received on completion and the balance to be paid by January 21, 2019.
“The transaction has been structured to leave Morgan with the economic benefit of certain assets, most notably the principal freehold property associated with the business, as well as certain liabilities relating to the exit of parts of the business. In the year ended December 31, 2017, the C&DS business generated a £1.1 million (~ $1.4 million) headline operating loss on £21 million (~ $26.9 million) of sales.”
Does your company have important news to share with the industry? Please send news releases to me at email@example.com!
Top 5 Hottest News Stories for December 2-8
1. Morgan Advanced Materials Announces Divestment of its Composites and Defence Systems Business
2. Government Initiatives to Improve Sanitation Help Propel Global Sanitaryware Market
3. Materion Collaborates with Plug and Play on Advanced Materials Innovation
4. Bazin Named Chief Operating Officer of Saint-Gobain
5. Morgan Advanced Materials Launches Carbon Science Centre of Excellence with Penn State #1 last week
This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.