While Saint-Gobain retains the top position this week, interest in its latest divestment has eclipsed that of all previous stories in the Top 5 (Saint-Gobain Enters Discussions for Sale of its Silicon Carbide Division): “Saint-Gobain recently announced that it has moved another step forward in the acceleration of its portfolio management, reaching an exclusive agreement with private equity firm OpenGate Capital after having received a purchase offer to acquire the group’s silicon carbide division. This firm and binding offer is not subject to any financing conditions. Saint-Gobain reports its annual sales of silicon carbide grains and powders to be around €120 million (approximately $138.4 million).
“According to Saint-Gobain, the transaction will be finalized after the usual information and consultation procedures with its relevant employee representative bodies. The transaction, which is also subject to the approval of the competition authorities, is expected to become effective in the first half of 2019.”
Does your company have divestment or acquisition plans for 2019? I’d love to hear about it! Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 786-1704 to share the news.
Top 5 Hottest News Stories for January 13-19
- Saint-Gobain Enters Discussions for Sale of its Silicon Carbide Division
- Global Aluminum Nitride Powders Market Benefits from Growing Electric Vehicle Industry
- U.S. Silica Plans to Retool Acquired Ceramic Proppant Manufacturing Facility for ISP Business
- Corning Glass Featured in CES Award-Winning Dell Monitor
- Alteo Partners with Ginet to Focus on Battery Market in China
This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.