Last week, readers were most drawn to a recent report on market dynamics for ceramic cores (Demand for Ceramic Cores Driven by North America): “The future of the global ceramic core market looks promising, according to a recent market report published by Lucintel, with opportunities in aerospace, industrial gas turbines and other markets. The global ceramic core market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% from 2018-2023. Major drivers for the market include growing demand for aero engine turbine blades and the ability of ceramic cores to fabricate complex turbine blade geometries.
“In terms of material type, Lucintel forecasts that silica will remain the most prevalent material by value and volume. Silica is also expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to performance benefits such as high strength and heat resistance.
Top 5 Hottest News Stories for March 31 - April 6
- Demand for Ceramic Cores Driven by North America
- SCHOTT CERAN EXCITE Wins iF Gold Award 2019
- O-I to Acquire Mexico-Based Nueva Fàbrica Nacional de Vidrio
- Murata Holds Ceremony for Completion of New Production Building at Okayama Facility
- Corning Accelerates Flow Reactor Commercialization with New Manufacturing Operation in China #1 last week
This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.