Readers last week were most drawn to CoorsTek’s support of undergraduate research at Colorado School of Mines (CoorsTek Supports Colorado School of Mines Undergraduate Research Symposium): “CoorsTek recently announced its sponsorship of the 2019 Colorado School of Mines Undergraduate Research Symposium. The symposium was held April 26 at the CoorsTek Center for Applied Science and Engineering building on the Mines’ campus.
“The symposium was reportedly launched in 2018 to kick-start a broader university effort to raise the profile of undergraduate research and create new avenues and opportunities for students to share progress and results for work they are doing. Over 100 students from all disciplines at Mines presented their research projects at the symposium.
“‘We applaud the School of Mines on their investment in undergraduate research,’ said Randel Mercer, chief technology officer for CoorsTek. ‘As a science and technology company, we fully support their efforts to establish best practices in research that drive innovation and collaboration.’”
Does your company sponsor similar programs? I’d love to hear about it! Please contact me at (248) 786-1704 or firstname.lastname@example.org to share your story.
Top 5 Hottest News Stories for May 5-11
1. CoorsTek Supports Colorado School of Mines Undergraduate Research Symposium
2. 3D Printing Has Potential for Tremendous Growth through 2029
3. CARBO Continues Focus on Diversification Following Decreased Revenue in 2019 First Quarter
4. Corning Showcases Ceramic and Glass Technologies at Ceramics Expo 2019
5. Sales Increase 2.5% for Mohawk’s Global Ceramic Segment in 2019 First Quarter
This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.