- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connections
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The part of a business where there can be a lot of low-hanging fruit is inbound transportation, particularly where vendors prepay and add freight to their invoice.
In many cases, an excellent service provider can probably perform this function better, faster and cheaper than manufacturers.
Here’s a simple tip for reducing your cost per hundred pounds: Just ship truckload quantities to all your customers and buy truckload quantities from all of your vendors. Problem solved.
Manufacturers often overlook supply chain metrics and analytics.