This weekly roundup highlights the ceramic, glass, refractories, brick and related news stories that garnered the most attention during the previous week on our website, as well as our eNewsletters and social media platforms.
Last week, readers were most drawn to news regarding Mohawk’s financial results (Mohawk Ceramic Segment Increases Sales 9% in 2017 Second Quarter): “Mohawk Industries, Inc. recently announced 2017 second quarter record operating income of $356 million, net earnings of $261 million and diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $3.48. Excluding restructuring, acquisition and…”
Top 5 Hottest News Stories for August 20-26
1. Mohawk Ceramic Segment Increases Sales 9% in 2017 Second Quarter
2. U.S. Congressman Duncan Visits Tile Council of North America
3. Ferro Acquires Dip-Tech #1 last week
4. Solid Growth Expected for Zinc Oxide through 2021
5. Corning Marks 50th Anniversary of Operations in Oneonta