- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Alcoa recently announced it will reduce its annual alumina production capacity by approximately 390,000 metric tons to align production with smelter curtailments that were announced earlier this year and to reflect prevailing market conditions. The curtailments, which will reduce Alcoa’s refining capacity in the Atlantic region by about 4%, are already under way. The Atlantic region represents about 50% of Alcoa’s total global refining capacity of 18 million metric tons per year.
“Alcoa is taking these steps to avoid aggravating alumina oversupply in the Atlantic region and to enhance the efficiency of our refining system,” said Chris Ayers, president, Global Primary Products. “We will continue to monitor market conditions and will take further action if warranted.”
For more information, visit www.alcoa.com.