- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has announced the voluntary recall of ceramic beer tap handles produced by Taphandles LLC. The tap handles were manufactured in China. While no incidents of injury have been reported, the CPSC reportedly asserts that the taphandles could break, presenting a laceration hazard.
As noted by the Society of Glass and Ceramic Decorated Products (SGCDpro), the action calls into question whether any product that may break, causing injury, could be recalled. It also highlights the ease with which consumers and other parties can report products they perceive as unsafe using the government’s new www.saferproducts.govvehicle.
For additional information, visit www.sgcd.org.