- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has announced the voluntary recall of ceramic beer tap handles produced by Taphandles LLC. The tap handles were manufactured in China. While no incidents of injury have been reported, the CPSC reportedly asserts that the taphandles could break, presenting a laceration hazard.
As noted by the Society of Glass and Ceramic Decorated Products (SGCDpro), the action calls into question whether any product that may break, causing injury, could be recalled. It also highlights the ease with which consumers and other parties can report products they perceive as unsafe using the government’s new www.saferproducts.govvehicle.
For additional information, visit www.sgcd.org.