- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Articles by Ralph Ruark
The used option can be a great buy, but sometimes it's a poor investment. Here's how to evaluate the value of this possibility for periodic kilns.
Now, imagine a lightweight product with use temperatures as high as 3200 degrees F that could be used to replace some high-density kiln furniture, regardless of processing temperatures. Consider the impact on energy consumption if such materials could be used for designing or rebuilding a high-temperature kiln without the difficulties of fibrous materials. These products are available today from Cellaris, a young company based in Israel that has developed an innovative technology for ceramic foam production.