- THE MAGAZINE
- Advertiser Index
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Buyers' Connections
- List Rental
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
Items Tagged with 'coatings'
Trombe walls, which are named for their French inventor, are the simplest of solar heating systems. A Trombe wall is typically a solid, south-facing wall (generally 8-14 in. thick) that is constructed of adobe, concrete or filled concrete blocks, and covered with glass (see Figure 1).
Below are the year's 10 most-viewed market report stories on the Ceramic Industry website (posted and viewed between July 1, 2012, and June 30, 2013).
A flexible ceramic heat shield offers protection during a long-distance competitive event.
Hybrid coatings combine the attributes of both organic and inorganic coatings in the same system.
A novel clay-based coating may point the way to a new generation of “green” flame retardants.