- THE MAGAZINE
- NEW PRODUCTS
- CI Advanced Microsite
- CI Top 10 Advanced Ceramic Manufacturers
- Raw & Manufactured Materials Overview
- Classifieds & Services Marketplace
- Product & Literature Showcases
- Virtual Supplier Brochures
- Market Trends
- Material Properties Charts
- List Rental
- Custom Content & Marketing Services
A new glass coating can provide an environmentally friendly and cost-effective solution for transportation applications, including automotive OEM, commercial vehicles, and the aftermarket. The new material, BETASEAL™ PhX, is cured by ultraviolet (UV) light and ambient moisture to form a durable coating with excellent adhesion to glass and polyurethane adhesives without the use of primers.
Glass that uses the coating can reportedly be tempered or annealed with higher throughput. In addition, the coating can be applied post-furnace, thereby eliminating the necessity for ceramic enamel frit. Performance has reportedly been validated in outdoor and accelerated weathering testing.
For more information, visit www.dowautomotivesystems.com.